- On a scale of 1-10, you are an 11 when it comes to loving flowers.
- You have daydreamed about what it might be like to create a career around florals, working with flowers every day!
- You find joy in helping friends put arrangements together for bridal parties and birthdays.
- You never leave the grocery store without a fresh bouquet of fragrant florals to enjoy!
Well, then you have come to the right place!
The Flower Social University is a hands-on, 4-week floral experience just for you.
You will learn everything from bouquet making to licensing/business practices and even participate in a “Top - Florist: Arrange-Off” (think top chef, but flowers instead of food).
This 4 week, in-person course will take you from timidly dabbling with flowers to a confident and creative floral designer!
- 4 weeks of flower playing fun - Over 12 hours of hands-on in-person instruction from Mel, the Owner and Head flower chick at The Flower Social.
- A real grasp of what it takes to turn your passion into a career.
- Free and unlimited access to drop-in workshops while you are in the program. (Valued at $34.00 per time).
- Our Florist - Pro starter kit: Includes apron, small shears, large shears, rose strippers.
- All flower’s, vases and supplies necessary to become a kick-ass flower-arranging magician. (Everything is yours to keep!)
- Professional pictures of all your creations, plus a headshot session to get your business kicked off!
No professional experience with flowers is preferred. We will teach you everything you need to feel confident in your flower arranging skills.
Course dates are:
Saturday, August 18th 9:00am-11:45am
Saturday, August 25th 9:00am-11:45am
Saturday, September 1st 9:00am-11:45am
Saturday, September 8th 9:00am-12:00pm
Week 1: Welcome Week - Bouquet and Centerpiece Arranging
- Learn how to make a traditional bridal bouquet, with modern elements that are sure to turn any brides head.
- Create a centerpiece arrangement in a shallow vessel, learning to work with floral foam creating depth and dimension in your design.
Week 2: Wedding Personals
- Learn to make boutonnieres, corsages and even flower crowns.
Week 3: Flower Business 101
- We will walk you through all the basics of starting your floral biz. Everything from licensing to branding!
- We are going to turn your dream of working with flowers every day into a reality.
- You receive headshots to kick-start your professional journey!
Week 4: Top - Florist: Arrange-Off
- Head to the flower market with the group and choose the elements you will work with.
- Back in the shop, you will get to creating, working with a set amount of time to complete.
- Your creations will be judged by a panel of local professionals, the winner is named Top -Floral Artist!
EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS AUGUST 3rd.
****We are only taking a small number of students, so we can be sure to create an exceptional experience for those in attendance.
If price is the only thing stopping you from participating, please email us at email@example.com.